The Sequence Difference
A Uniquely Different Experience and Organization
Sequence Resumes’ parent company, Sequence Staffing, is the premier executive recruitment firm committed to providing employment solutions for the core enterprises responsible for planning, building and maintaining our communities, infrastructure, natural resources, and environment throughout the United States and around the world.
Beyond recruiting, we are especially known for providing individuals an exceptional level of professional and personalized service and expertise in career planning, personal branding and candidate marketing.
The Power of “Yes”
You career can’t be left to chance. Yet, almost all are. That’s something probably no one ever told you when you graduated school, when you took your first job, or even now years later when you speak with your professional colleagues. The truth is, most people stumble through their careers with no true target or purpose. Their course of career life (VITAE) is often rudderless; simply drifting towards success of hardship once they take up their chosen occupation. Yes, most careers are left to chance.
And let us tell you about The Power of “Yes”
- Interviewed Nobel Prize laureates to put them in jobs? Yes, we have.
- Sent engineers and the project management crews to Haiti to lead reconstruction efforts? Yes.
- Placed the chief of earthquake mitigation efforts in California? Of course.
- Recruited the CTO to build industry leading climate change software? Absolutely.
- Placed the CFO in the largest land development portfolios in California? Yes, it was Sequence.
- Positioned top sales and marketing executives with some of the world’s most innovative technology ventures? Yes we did.
- Recruited the head of environmental affairs for the largest U.S. private land owner? Yes.
- Enlisted the safety director for the newest High Tech University campus? Yes, Sequence did.
- Placed the Director of Sustainability in one of America’s leading private colleges? Absolutely.
- Recruited the Transportation Chief for one of the largest cities in the nation? It was Sequence.
- Sent management/field workers to some of the world’s most interesting foreign job sites? Yes, we have.
- Partnered with some of the leading professional trade associations in the U.S.? Yes.
Built entire homebuilding, planning, construction, environmental, engineering / surveying, green / sustainable, IT organizations and divisions from 1 to 150 people? Public, private and non-profit?
Yes. Yes. And more Yes. The list and qualifications go on and on.
Based on Knowledge and Experience
We interact daily with some of the world’s most interesting and dynamic people. And one thing we understand, perhaps better than anyone else, is that the best branded individuals (those with the most compelling résumés and supporting professional materials) are the ones that land jobs, are consistently offered the best opportunities, are seldom out of work long, and tend to make more money over the course of their careers.
In the course of our recruiting we discovered most candidates lacked the knowledge and skill to build their careers and market themselves effectively. Their résumés and other personal brand marketing materials were poorly written and produced. Their professional story was undeveloped. We knew from experience even before they told us their stories why they were being rejected outright in their job search efforts.
On a daily basis, through our dealings, individuals would ask us to help them. Informally, we began writing professionally produced résumés, cover letters and other personal brand marketing materials, and that made all the difference. We would also help them think about their careers in different ways; getting them to assess and to look at themselves more like branded products.
Those requests for assistance became so frequent during and in the wake of the worst years of the great recession, that help offered would easily have taken away from our normal focuses and duties of recruiting. As a result, we established our résumé and career services division (www.sequenceresumes.com) to meet the ever-growing demand of job candidates seeking professional help with their résumés and job hunting efforts.
Today, Sequence is the innovative leader in the career planning services sector. We are especially known for providing job seekers and career minded individuals an exceptional level of professional and personalized service and expertise in career planning, personal branding and marketing. We are highly sought after speakers and hands-on instructors to lead career workshops, networking sessions and résumé clinics for prominent industry professional organizations throughout the United States. Sequence Résumés is an established stand-alone business division offering professional resume writing, career branding and professional development products and services here in the states and internationally.